EMBA Program Admissions
This guidance explains the online application process.
Preparing your application
Applications to Hitotsubashi ICS must be made via the ICS EMBA Online Application System. Prior to applying, applicants should read the Guidelines for Online Application and review the Application Package.
Application documentation should be submitted online via the ICS EMBA Online Application System. To ensure receipt of application confirmation, applicants should add email@example.com to their computer’s ‘safe’ list. The online application form is only the first step in the application process; following its submission, applicants should upload the other documents listed below to complete their application.
Number of positions available
The program welcomes currently a middle manager or higher with the following experience and competencies:
- Managing on an on-going basis at least 5 direct reports.
- Expected to rise to a director- or executive-level position (“senior management”) within 10 years.
- Formulating and executing business plans at the departmental or sub-departmental level in conformance with the company's strategies and policies.
- Involved in goal setting and departmental or sub-departmental level decision-making.
- Can understand and critically analyze various types of financial and business reports with a high level of financial fluency.
|All applicants must meet one of the following qualifications:
|Note: Applicants who are eligible under items (i), (j), or (k) above must write beforehand to the ICS Admissions Office explaining their academic qualifications by December 28, 2018.
- (a) The applicant has graduated from a university or colleges that are stipulated in Article 83 of the School Education Law of Japan.
- (b) The applicant has received a Bachelor’s degree under Article 104 of the School Education Law of Japan.
- (c) The applicant has completed at least 16 years of education with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from accredited universities or colleges in countries other than Japan.
- (d) The applicant resides in Japan and has completed at least 16 years of education by taking courses offered by accredited universities or colleges outside of Japan through correspondence.
- (e) The applicant has completed at least 16 years of education at accredited foreign universities or colleges in Japan and been recognized by the Japanese Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
- (f) The applicant has received a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent by completing a program of three years or more (*1) at a foreign university, college or other school (*2).
- (g) The applicant has completed specialized courses after the date specified by MEXT at vocational colleges offering programs of four years or more and has been recognized by MEXT.
- (h) The applicant has been specially designated by MEXT.
- (i) The applicant has enrolled in a graduate school through an early admission system under the second paragraph of Article 102 of the School Education Law of Japan, and the Admissions Committee of the Hitotsubashi University Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy (ICS) judges the applicant to possess the academic competence to undertake graduate studies.
- (j) The applicant has been judged by the Admissions Committee of ICS to have the academic competence equivalent to those who meet the above qualifications (a) through (d) by individual admissions screening, and the applicant’s age is over 22 years old or the applicant will become 22 years old before October 1, 2019.
- (k) The applicant has been judged by the Admissions Committee of ICS, pursuant to its rules and regulations, to have the academic competence equivalent to or above qualifications (a) through (d).
- (*1) This includes programs that have been completed “by taking in Japan courses offered by a foreign school through correspondence” and “at schools which are accredited and designated in the preceding item”.
- (*2) This is limited to schools which are evaluated on the entirety of their education, research and other programs by a foreign government or accredited organizations or equivalent recognized by MEXT.
There is one round of application for the Entering Class of 2019.
||November 26, 2018 - April 4, 2019
|| Apply now
|Second screening (interview)
||May 9, 2019
||May 16, 2019
Application Documents Checklist for 2019 entry
- Applicant details (Form A)
- Degree certificate(s)
- Official transcript(s)
- Responses to essay questions (Form B)
- Proof of Application Fee Payment
- A sponsoring letter (Form C1) / A reference letter (Form C2)
- A photocopy of the relevant page(s) of your passport including your name, photo, passport number, date of birth, etc.
- Official TOEIC, TOEFL or IELTS score report
- GMAT score report
Payment of Application Fee
Check the Essential Guide for details on paying the application fee.